Monday 12 March 2012

Foundation Studies Portfolio...

Favourite Things: Caspusle Collection

At the very begining of this project I completed a short questionaire about my favourite things; incuding questions such as my favourite colour, designer, place, movie, song, etc. From the results of this I chose to base my project around one of my favourite songs: Umbrella.
I sourced insppirational imagery that related to my chosen theme and created a moodboard for inspiration when I came to design my collection.

Moodboard: Theme Board.



I also chose from a selection of areas to design for including; Soft Tailoring, Sportswear or Concept Fashion. I chose to look at concept fashion and researched relevant designers. I created a moodboard to display my findings and to also help inspire my collection.

Moodboard: Concept Fashion.


I was also given a range of colours to work with and out of them all I had to selected 2 Base colours, 2 Main colours and 2 Highlight colours to work with. I collected colour swathes and materials in my chosen colours, as well as an inpiring image to create a Colour Board. The Colour Board helped me to think of what colours I would be using within the design process.


Colour Board.


This project was also a way of learning new skills and how to use them within my designs. For example I learnt how to knit; at first I found it quite difficult but then all of sudden it just clicked, and I was knitting away. I produced Knitting samples in my chosen colour scheme, using various knitting methods and used some of my better samples to create a sample board.
I also learnt different pleating techniques, using different types and sizes of pleats. I also learnt other paper manipulation techinques that could be used within fashion design. All of the sample I produced helped to inpsire my designs.



Sample Boards: Knitting and Pleats (or Paper Manipulation)  



After selecting a theme, concept, and colour scheme; it was time to start designing. I used my Theme board, Colour Board, Concept Board, and the techniques that I had learnt as inspiration for my designs. I then chose to illustrate my favourite design from the capsule collection.




Design Development



Final Illustration











No comments:

Post a Comment