Thursday 18 April 2013

Denim...


So you may have seen a much earlier post about a denim project I undertook...

If not i'll quickly fill you in; I looked into the history of Denim and current trends before producing a range of my own designs, I then picked some of my favorite garments to make: Shorts and a Cape.

And after the pattern cutting and making process I made and styled the following...



















I'm very pleased with the results of the photoshoot!

I decided to style the shorts with the slightly oversized burntout print black T-shirt to create a more relaxed look; a solid black vest top just looked too dull, I think the sheerness and printed detail adds more interest to the outfit and images. I also added a few accessories to finish the overall look; The long vintage style 'pocket watch' pendant was almost identical to the buttons of the shorts in terms of colour, the floral like pattern was also very similar. I also added a chunky silver bracelet with the same floral like design, and although you can't see it on all of the photographs, I  feel it adds that little finishing touch to the outfit quite nicely. 




I have to admit I was a little nervous for the photoshoot as it was the first time I have done this! 
 And I'm a bit of a perfectionist and really wanted the photos to look good. But after working with the model and photographer, the day was actually quite good and I'm looking forward to more photoshoots in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment